#317 TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION: Doors
It's Sunday, so today I will be showcasing 6 techniques. Here are 6 door designs, where some have a sliding feature, some utilize SNOT techniques and some are very detailed. Let's take a look at them:
1. Technic liftarms sliding door - this uses a technique for sliding doors I have never seen before, and looks like it would work well if you were able to integrate it into your MOC.
MOC by Steam-Heart: https://www.deviantart.com/steam-heart/art/LEGO-Sliding-Door-v-1-0-470600371
2. Imperial fort door - this technique uses hinges to position brown plates and create a wooden door.
MOC by soccersynderi: https://www.flickr.com/photos/66620538@N04/12413706363/in/album-72157640921960543/
3. Technic gear sliding door - this door can slide using gears along a rail, and is very easy to get into your MOC if you have some space on either side of the door.
Unfortunately I was unable to find the builder of the MOC pictured, but I thought it was more of a generic technique and worth featuring.
4. The “Glided Cup” Inn door - this has some great details for the stone frame, as well as a nice texture and handle.
5. SNOT-Arch door - this technique uses hinges to position the brown pieces of the door inside the arch, integrating them nicely into the wall.
MOC by Petar Jurkovic: https://www.flickr.com/photos/47343879@N08/21375378430/in/photolist-eoqqoG-mAEWdJ-KyF6t6-cxq4Gu-dHW7kX-6P79ck-6P79a8-rPJzvx-AKWZY5-R5tWmm-xUDvoJ-PcWRvs-PcWQNW-xRewzk-y5LZU7-dJ2z2j-fyLXfd-bAdc1r-cxq4t3-obTksn-oa2ogJ-7pqi7V-6d7ozx-AoRNqQ-oQ7L2G-6yBUFS-iQqXxg-r8zCaC-7cN3iy-25iqVmh-jc2CGm-cE7md7-GrRXVN-heYvZe-dLndQT-HejoUM-8D7toS-6v7Sb7-9MtpHa-rt1qzR-92VRim-22mMqyw-7djJEw-7KUf14-yySpiq-5d59Fi-7KUeHF-c7u8A5-22qbdH3-F9Qv7H/
6. Uridius’ Keep Castle drawbridge - this door is well textured, and also has a drawbridge that can be pulled up to protect it.
MOC by Robert 4168: https://www.flickr.com/photos/robert4168/9418602902/
So which one is your favourite? If you have any designs of your own or ones that you have found/used in your MOC, please share those in the comments below.